The hardest part of basketball is making a bucket! In this game, that is not the case. Sometimes you just need a little help from your friendly bucket!
What To Get:
What To Prep:
- PLAYING AREA. Set up your playing field by placing a chair on each side of your field.
- DON’T ENTER HERE. Make a circle around your chair on each end, about 10 feet from the chair in any direction.
How To Play:
- SEPARATE YOUR TEAMS. Divide your students into two equal teams. Each team must designate a player to be their bucket. They will stand on the chair in the circle on the opposing teams side.
- GOAL. Ultimate frisbee rules apply, which means if you catch the ball you must stop moving and either pass the ball or shoot. Each team may pass the ball down the court until they are close enough to shoot. The person holding the bucket can move around on the chair to catch the ball. They can only use their hands to hold the bucket, they can’t help the ball in with one hand. If the player on the chair loses balance and falls off the chair, they get no points. No players can enter the circle surrounding the bucket. If the ball lands in the circle, the team who is playing defense may enter to get the ball. Then it becomes their possession. Designate how many points to win before starting the game.
- TIP. At a certain time during the game, you might allow teams to substitute the player holding the bucket.
Get More Games.
We know it’s hard to find (or create) quality youth group games, which is why we decided to put together the most incredible library of games we possibly could! The Grow Games and Icebreakers App has a library of more than 500+ games, and it’s always growing! There are team games, party games, screen games, team games, outdoor games, and indoor group games for youth ministry. All the games you could ever want, basically.
This app is built for kids and youth ministry. All of our games are created by church leaders and ministry-tested!
Plus, the games are fully customizable. Every game comes with graphics, instructions, and a place for you to add your notes, photos, videos, game categories, and game ratings. You can even submit your own original games if you have some you’re proud of!
The app also comes with handy tools you might want to use during a game (or a sermon) like scoreboards, clocks, a prize wheel, polling capabilities, and a random name chooser.
Curriculum For Every Age Group.