Charlie and the Chocolate factory
One of the greatest movies of all time is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. If you disagree then you are just wrong! But you won’t disagree with how much fun this game is! Teams will run around looking for the eight candy makers while not getting caught by the Oompa Loompas.
What To Get:
- BALLOONS. You’ll 8 different colored balloons. Lots of them, at least one to two for every student playing.
- TRASH BAGS. You’ll need something to hole the balloons for each team. Trash bags work perfectly or it could be something as simple as a certain section of the base area.
- ADULT LEADERS. You’ll need at least ten adult leaders. Eight candy makers and two Oompa Loompas, but depending on how big your area to play is and how many teenagers you have playing you might need more Oompa Loompas.
What To Prep:
How To Play:
- SPLIT INTO TEAMS. Split your group into equal teams. You are shooting for groups of five to six. Give each team a trash bag or show them where they are going to keep their balloons. Where the teams start out will be the base.
- COLLECT CANDY. On “GO,” teams will run out into the playing area and look for candy makers. Once they find a candy maker. That candy maker (Adult Leader) will blow up a balloon and give it to the team. Each colored balloon is worth a certain number of points but teams won’t know that until the end of the game. Teams can carry one of each candy maker’s balloons before returning to base if they want.
- OOMPA LOOMPAS. Have a couple adult leaders running around who are Oompa Loompas. If one of these adult leaders touches a player from a team that whole team is caught and must accomplish a task. These tasks can be anything from a human pyramid, or naming ten candy bars in 20 seconds, or naming the Oompa Loompas favorite candy bar. If they pass the test then they get to keep going, if they fail they must hand over a candy balloon to the Oompa Loompa. When teams make it back to base and drop off their balloons they are locked in and cannot be stolen.
- ADD IT UP. After the time for the game has passed add up the point values for each balloon gathered by each team and the team with the most points! Wins!
- ELEMENTARY HACK: To make this game easier for younger kids, consider giving colored t-shirt to the adult leaders. (Purple for candy makers and green for Oompa Loompas)
- TIP. A game like this can really be taken to the next level by having the adult leaders dress in costumes. Maybe green wigs for the Oompa Loompas and cray colored blazers or canes for the candy makers! Just something to spice up the game!
Get More Games.
We know it’s hard to find (or create) quality youth group games, which is why we decided to put together the most incredible library of games we possibly could! The Grow Games and Icebreakers App has a library of more than 500+ games, and it’s always growing! There are team games, party games, screen games, team games, outdoor games, and indoor group games for youth ministry. All the games you could ever want, basically.
This app is built for kids and youth ministry. All of our games are created by church leaders and ministry-tested!
Plus, the games are fully customizable. Every game comes with graphics, instructions, and a place for you to add your notes, photos, videos, game categories, and game ratings. You can even submit your own original games if you have some you’re proud of!
The app also comes with handy tools you might want to use during a game (or a sermon) like scoreboards, clocks, a prize wheel, polling capabilities, and a random name chooser.
Curriculum For Every Age Group.