If you have ever wondered how far you can launch a rubber duck… then this is your game!
What To Get:
- Water Balloon Launchers. You will need one per team.
- Rubber Duckies. You will need a lot. You can get 100 of them from Oriental Trading here.
- Kiddie Pools. Either plastic or the inflatable ones work great.
- Large Outdoor Space.
- Buckets. To hold the rubber duckies.
- Cones. To make the shooting line.
What To Prep:
- Target Zone. Fill the kiddie pool with water. Using your water balloon launcher, do a test and launch a rubber ducky to determine a good distance to put your shooting line. You want it hard but not impossible for them to launch them into the pool.
- Shooting Line. After you find out where to your balloon launchers mark that with cones.
- Ammo. Load the rubber duckies into two buckets near each launcher.
How To Play:
- Split Your students Into Teams. Give each team a bucket of duckies and a water balloon launcher.
- Launch the Duckies. The students will use the water balloon launchers to try and land as many duckies as they can in the pool.
- Count the Duckies The team that lands the most duckies in the pool is the winner.
- ELEMENTARY HACK: Put poles in the ground for holding the water balloon launchers.
- PRESCHOOL HACK: Have teams toss their rubber duckies in the pools rather than launch them.
- You can add more than one pool to the mix and assign point values to each pool.
Get More Games.
We know it’s hard to find (or create) quality youth group games, which is why we decided to put together the most incredible library of games we possibly could! The Grow Games and Icebreakers App has a library of more than 500+ games, and it’s always growing! There are team games, party games, screen games, team games, outdoor games, and indoor group games for youth ministry. All the games you could ever want, basically.
This app is built for kids and youth ministry. All of our games are created by church leaders and ministry-tested!
Plus, the games are fully customizable. Every game comes with graphics, instructions, and a place for you to add your notes, photos, videos, game categories, and game ratings. You can even submit your own original games if you have some you’re proud of!
The app also comes with handy tools you might want to use during a game (or a sermon) like scoreboards, clocks, a prize wheel, polling capabilities, and a random name chooser.
Curriculum For Every Age Group.