The Bucket Brigade
In this classic youth camp game, everyone has fun and gets soaked! Teams will use cups with holes in them to transport water from one bucket to another. The first team to fill their bucket wins!
What To Get:
- BUCKETS. You will need two buckets per team.
- CUPS. You can play this game with as many cups as you want, but it is helpful to have at least one per player in the game.
- WATER. You will need enough water to fill one bucket per team, but make sure you have access to extra water, just in case.
What To Prep:
- BUCKETS. You will need to fill one bucket per team and place the bucket on one side of your playing area. Then, place the empty bucket on the other side of your playing area. Use a marker to mark a fill line on each of the empty buckets, making sure it’s the same on each team’s buckets.
- CUPS. Before the game, you will need to poke holes into the cups so they will leak water. Test this since you want it to leak water all over the players, but at the same time, you want it possible to move water from one bucket to the other.
How To Play:
- SPLIT INTO TEAMS. Divide your group into equal numbered teams. You can play with as many teams as you have buckets, but try to limit your teams to no more than ten players.
- LINE UP AND SIT DOWN. Line up the teams between their buckets. Move the empty buckets closer depending on how many players there are on each team, if necessary. Seat each player about a foot from each other, all facing one direction.
- FILL AND PASS. When you say, “Go,” the first person in each team will fill a cup with water and start passing the cup over their head to the next player. The cup will be passed down the line over their heads until it reaches the empty bucket. The final player will pour the cup in and then send the cup back. The players can send the empty cup back to the starting point in whatever way they want, but they can’t move from their sitting position even if the cup rolls out of reach.
- FILL THE BUCKET. Keep this going until one team has filled their bucket past the bucket’s fill line. The first team to reach the line wins!
Get More Games.
We know it’s hard to find (or create) quality youth group games, which is why we decided to put together the most incredible library of games we possibly could! The Grow Games and Icebreakers App has a library of more than 500+ games, and it’s always growing! There are team games, party games, screen games, team games, outdoor games, and indoor group games for youth ministry. All the games you could ever want, basically.
This app is built for kids and youth ministry. All of our games are created by church leaders and ministry-tested!
Plus, the games are fully customizable. Every game comes with graphics, instructions, and a place for you to add your notes, photos, videos, game categories, and game ratings. You can even submit your own original games if you have some you’re proud of!
The app also comes with handy tools you might want to use during a game (or a sermon) like scoreboards, clocks, a prize wheel, polling capabilities, and a random name chooser.
Curriculum For Every Age Group.