They say teamwork makes the dream work, and in this game, we are going to put that to the test. Players will battle in a normal game of dodgeball, but in this version, players will partner up and battle together, with one acting as a shield and one acting as the weapon.
What To Get:
- BANDANAS. You will need three bandanas for every two players.
- DODGEBALLS. You will need a few dodgeballs depending on how many are playing, about one for every five or six players.
What To Prep:
How To Play:
- PARTNER UP. Divide everyone into partners. Tell the partners to use two bandanas to tie two of their legs together, with the goal of becoming a three-legged team.
- SHEILD. Each team needs to decide which person will be the shield. The shield can be hit anywhere with the ball to protect the other player. They can use their hands to block shots, but they are not able to hold or catch a ball.
- SWORD. After each team has chosen a shield, the other partner will be the sword. This player can pick up the dodgeballs and throw them, but cannot get hit. If the sword is hit at all, the team is out. If the sword catches a dodgeball, the team that threw the ball is out.
- RUN AND DODGE. When you say, “Go,” the game of dodgeball is on, and players can start throwing and dodging. The last team standing wins!
Get More Games.
We know it’s hard to find (or create) quality youth group games, which is why we decided to put together the most incredible library of games we possibly could! The Grow Games and Icebreakers App has a library of more than 500+ games, and it’s always growing! There are team games, party games, screen games, team games, outdoor games, and indoor group games for youth ministry. All the games you could ever want, basically.
This app is built for kids and youth ministry. All of our games are created by church leaders and ministry-tested!
Plus, the games are fully customizable. Every game comes with graphics, instructions, and a place for you to add your notes, photos, videos, game categories, and game ratings. You can even submit your own original games if you have some you’re proud of!
The app also comes with handy tools you might want to use during a game (or a sermon) like scoreboards, clocks, a prize wheel, polling capabilities, and a random name chooser.
Curriculum For Every Age Group.