Traffic Jam Knockout
This game gets everyone moving! It’s an extreme, musical-chairs-style game!
What To Get:
- CHAIRS. You will need enough for everyone minus 2.
What To Prep:
- THE SETUP. Clear the room so there is a big open space for the group to run from one side of the room to the other. You need a chair for everyone in your group minus two. Divide the chairs in half and set them on two walls opposite each other.
How To Play:
- SPLIT THE GROUP. Split your group into two equal groups and tell them each to stand by a chair on their team’s side of the room (two people won’t have chairs–one on each side).
- RACE ACROSS THE ROOM. When you say “Go,” teams will race across the room to sit in a chair. Two people (one on each team) will be left without a chair. They are out. Take away a chair from each side, and play again, taking away 2 (one from each side) chairs each round.
- WINNERS! Eventually, there will be only one person left on each team–the winners!
- You might want to pull the chairs a bit away from the walls. Students will run and try to slide into them. If they are against the wall and the student is pretty intense, you will leave holes in the wall.
- If you must have one winner, put one chair in the middle of the room and have the last two students run back and forth, wall to wall, while music plays. When the music stops, the first to sit in the chair wins!
Get More Games.
We know it’s hard to find (or create) quality youth group games, which is why we decided to put together the most incredible library of games we possibly could! The Grow Games and Icebreakers App has a library of more than 500+ games, and it’s always growing! There are team games, party games, screen games, team games, outdoor games, and indoor group games for youth ministry. All the games you could ever want, basically.
This app is built for kids and youth ministry. All of our games are created by church leaders and ministry-tested!
Plus, the games are fully customizable. Every game comes with graphics, instructions, and a place for you to add your notes, photos, videos, game categories, and game ratings. You can even submit your own original games if you have some you’re proud of!
The app also comes with handy tools you might want to use during a game (or a sermon) like scoreboards, clocks, a prize wheel, polling capabilities, and a random name chooser.
Curriculum For Every Age Group.