Two Sport Ball
This game is a mix between soccer and Ultimate Frisbee. Two teams will try to score as many points as they can by moving the ball down the field in two ways. If the ball is on the ground, the game abides by soccer rules. If it’s in the air, Ultimate Frisbee rules apply. The team with the most points wins!
What To Get:
- BALL. A kickball or dodgeball will work well for this game. Make sure the ball isn’t too hard so players don’t get hurt while passing the ball.
- GOALS. You’ll need two goals. You can use anything, including actual soccer goals or two chairs sitting a few feet apart.
What To Prep:
- THE FIELD. Before the game, make sure to designate the playing area with boundaries and the goals. Place your two goals on either side of the playing area.
How To Play:
- SPLIT INTO TEAMS. Divide your group into two equal teams. Encourage them to spread out on their side of the field.
- SOCCER RULES. When the game begins, the two teams will try to progress the ball down the field and try to score. When the ball is on the ground, the teams must play by soccer rules, only kicking the ball and not using their hands.
- ULTIMATE FRISBEE RULES. If at any point the ball is kicked into the air, it can be caught and then at that point, the game switches to Ultimate Frisbee rules where the player who is holding the ball cannot move once they have caught the ball. The other team must stay at least three feet away from the ball holder at all times. If the ball falls back to the ground, the rules switch back to soccer.
- SCORE AND RESET. Once a team scores a goal, they receive a point. Designate how long the game will last and the team with the most points at the end wins!
Get More Games.
We know it’s hard to find (or create) quality youth group games, which is why we decided to put together the most incredible library of games we possibly could! The Grow Games and Icebreakers App has a library of more than 500+ games, and it’s always growing! There are team games, party games, screen games, team games, outdoor games, and indoor group games for youth ministry. All the games you could ever want, basically.
This app is built for kids and youth ministry. All of our games are created by church leaders and ministry-tested!
Plus, the games are fully customizable. Every game comes with graphics, instructions, and a place for you to add your notes, photos, videos, game categories, and game ratings. You can even submit your own original games if you have some you’re proud of!
The app also comes with handy tools you might want to use during a game (or a sermon) like scoreboards, clocks, a prize wheel, polling capabilities, and a random name chooser.
Curriculum For Every Age Group.