The first rule of being a toy is no one can see you. In this game, you better not let Andy (an adult leader) see you!
What To Get:
What To Prep:
- PLAYING FIELD. On one end of your playing field place a strip of tape to separate the playing field from the team areas. Place each bucket in the team area and spread all of the toys or army men out around the playing area.
How To Play:
- SEPARATE INTO TEAMS. Split your group into equal teams, one team for each bucket. Have them stand in a single file line starting at the line of the playing field.
- PLACE ANDY. Have your adult leader stand in the center the playing field.
- SAVE THE TOYS. On “Go,” each team can send one “toy” (teenager) into the playing field. They are allowed to grab one army man to bring back to their bucket. When they get back across the line, they will put the toy into their team’s bucket and the next player can run into the playing field. At the end of the set amount of time, the team with the most toys in their bucket wins!
- ANDY’S COMING! The adult leader in the middle will close his or her eyes and slowly spin in circles. The adult leader will yell “Andy’s coming” and start counting down from a random number between one to ten. When the leader reaches zero, they will open their eyes, and any players they catch moving will need to drop their toys and return to their team’s line for the next person to start. Each teenager will need to decide how long he or she wants to risk moving based on the number the adult started counting on. To be safe when they open their eyes they must lay down on the ground like a toy in toy story when an adult comes in the room. If caught, they must return to their team empty handed. The adult leader may continue to turn around to see the whole room.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE TIP. Make sure the army men are all clean before the game and spray them down between each round with disinfectant. Have teams stand apart from each other to keep with social distancing guidelines.
- GROW SERIES: True Story
Get More Games
We know it’s hard to find (or create) quality youth group games, which is why we decided to put together the most incredible library of games we possibly could! The Grow Games and Icebreakers App has a library of more than 500+ games, and it’s always growing! There are team games, party games, screen games, team games, outdoor games, and indoor group games for youth ministry. All the games you could ever want, basically.
This app is built for kids and youth ministry. All of our games are created by church leaders and ministry-tested!
Plus, the games are fully customizable. Every game comes with graphics, instructions, and a place for you to add your notes, photos, videos, game categories, and game ratings. You can even submit your own original games if you have some you’re proud of!
The app also comes with handy tools you might want to use during a game (or a sermon) like scoreboards, clocks, a prize wheel, polling capabilities, and a random name chooser.