A great game you can play anywhere! It is volleyball, but it can be played anywhere and by anyone, and there are no boundaries!
What To Get:
- VOLLEYBALL NET. For this game you will need a volleyball net. This could be anything from a real net or just a rope stretched across your playing area.
- BEACHBALL. You will need one beachball for this game. But you might want to have a couple extra just incase the first one gets ruined.
What To Prep:
- VOLLEYBALL NET. Make sure you set up your volleyball net.
How To Play:
- SPLIT INTO TEAMS. You will need to split your group into two teams to play this game. Have them stand on either side of the net. Choose which team will serve first.
- VOLLEY. This game uses the same basic idea as volleyball—your goal is to get the ball over the net as many times as it takes to get it to hit the other team’s floor.
- CHANGES. One of the changes from volleyball is that, unlike volleyball, players can hit the ball as many times as needed to return the ball over the net. Also unlike volleyball, the beach ball can hit anything in the room and still be in play. The only place it can’t touch is the floor. There is also no out of bounds in this game. The volleyball net extends forever, so if the ball goes over the net, then no matter where it goes, teams need to work together to get it back over the net. The team at the end with the most points wins!
- ELEMENTARY HACK: You may need to lower the net for those younger kids.
- TIP. If your playing area is small or you have a large number of students for your space, you might want to think about adding more beachballs as the game goes along. This really adds to the challenge and brings a lot of chaos to the game!
Get More Games.
We know it’s hard to find (or create) quality youth group games, which is why we decided to put together the most incredible library of games we possibly could! The Grow Games and Icebreakers App has a library of more than 500+ games, and it’s always growing! There are team games, party games, screen games, team games, outdoor games, and indoor group games for youth ministry. All the games you could ever want, basically.
This app is built for kids and youth ministry. All of our games are created by church leaders and ministry-tested!
Plus, the games are fully customizable. Every game comes with graphics, instructions, and a place for you to add your notes, photos, videos, game categories, and game ratings. You can even submit your own original games if you have some you’re proud of!
The app also comes with handy tools you might want to use during a game (or a sermon) like scoreboards, clocks, a prize wheel, polling capabilities, and a random name chooser.
Curriculum For Every Age Group.