How Do You Doo?
Have you ever head that one song that goes like “doo doo, doo doo doo doo?” No? Then this game will be a challenge! Participants have to get their teams to guess a song by singing it using only the word “doo.”
What To Get:
- INDEX CARDS. You will need 15-20
- CONTAINER. This might be a bowl, hat, grocery bag, or something else!
What To Prep:
- THE JAMS. Come up with a list of 15-20 appropriate that teenagers would have heard or been familiar with (remember, the teenagers in your ministry were all born after 2000). Write each of these songs on its own index card, fold them in half, and place them in the container you’ve chosen. Place the container at the front of the room.
How To Play:
- SPLIT INTO TEAMS. Split your group into two teams. Each team chooses a singer. Only one team will be playing at a time, so determine which team will go first. Place the first team’s singer at the front of the room next to the container if index cards with their teammates facing them.
- GUESS THE DOO DOO DOOS. On “Go,” the singer from the first team will draw a song from the container, and sing parts of the song using only the word “doo.” The goal is to get their team to guess the song! The singer cannot act out the song. If the singer doesn’t know the song, he our she can put it back into the container and draw a new one. Whoever guesses the song correctly is the new singer for the team and will swap out with the current singer to give the clues for the next song. Once two minutes have elapsed, gameplay will stop and the team will receive one point for every song they correctly guessed. Any songs that have not yet been guessed will go back in the container. It’s now the opposing team’s turn. The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.
- You know your group. If you think they will get a lot of the songs quickly, you may want to have more that 15-20. The last thing you want is the first team to get 15 right and then there is nothing left for the second team to even guess.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE TIP. Have an adult leader with gloves on give a random card to the singer so everyone isn’t sticking their hands in the same container.
- GROW SERIES: Influencer
Get More Games.
We know it’s hard to find (or create) quality youth group games, which is why we decided to put together the most incredible library of games we possibly could! The Grow Games and Icebreakers App has a library of more than 500+ games, and it’s always growing! There are team games, party games, screen games, team games, outdoor games, and indoor group games for youth ministry. All the games you could ever want, basically.
This app is built for kids and youth ministry. All of our games are created by church leaders and ministry-tested!
Plus, the games are fully customizable. Every game comes with graphics, instructions, and a place for you to add your notes, photos, videos, game categories, and game ratings. You can even submit your own original games if you have some you’re proud of!
The app also comes with handy tools you might want to use during a game (or a sermon) like scoreboards, clocks, a prize wheel, polling capabilities, and a random name chooser.
Curriculum For Every Age Group.